NAS World Assurance Agency Rankings® by Location - United Kingdom = 1
BAC was established in 1984 to provide a comprehensive quality assurance scheme for independent further and higher education in the UK. Our accreditation is recognised the world over by students, agents and government officials as the clearest mark of educational quality in the private sector. Alongside the British Council, whose Accreditation UK scheme serves as the definitive guide to the country’s English language centres, we have overseen the inspection of private post-16 education for over 30 years.
BAC’s services include accreditation and bespoke consultancy for a wide range of diverse education providers. UK and overseas governments seek BAC’s advice based on our experience and unrivalled knowledge of the sector.
No Data Found
The application, inspection and annual accreditation fees are listed below, for institutions based outside of the UK only.
- International Centre (IC), Independent English Language Provider (IELP), Online, Blended and Distance Learning (ODBL) Schemes: £2,450 (£500 non-refundable application fee plus £1,950 inspection management fee)
- Independent Higher Education Scheme: £3,050 (£500 non-refundable application fee plus £2,550 inspection management fee)
- All full inspections for IC, IELP and ODBL schemes e.g, full accreditation or re-accreditation: This is a variable fee depending on the number of days and inspectors required. The fees start at £1,150 per inspector per day
- All full inspections for the IHE Scheme e.g full accreditation or re-accreditation: This is a variable fee depending on the number of days and inspectors required. The fees start at £3,280 for two inspectors for one day
Other BAC fees
- from £900 to £1,700
- Up to 2,000 course days £2,652.25
- 2,001 – 4,000 course days: £3996.40
- Over 4,000 course days: £5,067.60
Want to have unique & Comprehensive review for your institute
BAC is committed to both encouraging the highest standards of education offered by independent colleges and providing prospective students with an invaluable guide to quality in an often complex sector. Its charitable status informs our efforts not merely to pass judgement on institutions, but also to nurture their attempts to raise standards and the quality of education for all.
BAC’s central office staff, a network of expert inspectors, and a team of experienced specialist consultants work together to help independent education and training providers raise their standards and reach their potential. We are the only registered charity of its kind in the UK.