NAS World Assurance Agency Rankings® by Location - Asia Pacific = 1
Japan University Accreditation Association (JUAA) is a voluntary organization of higher education institutions. Taking several U. S. accreditation agencies as a model, it was established in 1947 with 46 initial member institutions which include national, local public and private universities.
Our mission is to promote the qualitative improvement of higher education institutions in Japan through the voluntary efforts and mutual assistance of member institutions and to contribute to international cooperation such as educational and research activities in higher education institutions.
To achieve our mission, JUAA will:
- Conduct third-party evaluation of higher education institutions
- Establish Standard for higher education Institutions
- Conduct research on higher education
- Provide advice and support for quality enhancement of higher education institutions
- Hold seminars, workshops and symposiums
- Cooperate with overseas quality assurance agencies
- Publish materials about quality assurance of higher education
No Data Found
JUAA offers two categories of membership:
- Full members support and participate in JUAA activities including the governance. To obtain full membership, each university and junior college must be institutionally accredited by JUAA.
- Associate members support JUAA several activities. Associate membership can be obtained without evaluation or accreditation.
The benefits of JUAA Membership are as follows:
- Participate in seminars, programs and symposiums for quality enhancement of higher education institutions (HEIs)
- Receive the News and other publications by JUAA
- Gain access to JUAA Archives
- Gain access to the results of researches and participate as a researcher in the Research Institute for Quality Assurance of Higher Education(RIQAHE)
JUAA holds special events and seminars for full members, such as the “President Seminar” for HEI heads and the “Study Program” for faculty and staff members.
Want to have unique & Comprehensive review for your institute
JUAA started accrediting activities in 1951 for universities applying for full membership. In 1996, we revised our university accreditation system based on “self-study” by each university. We are the first Certified Evaluation and Accreditation Agency for universities certified by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) in 2004. We currently perform Certified Evaluation and Accreditation in nine fields. Furthermore, we have also launched a program of accreditation for schools of veterinary medicine.
Certified Evaluation and Accreditation, a national mandatory evaluation and accreditation system for higher education in Japan, was introduced in 2004 to assure and enhance the quality of academic activities.
In this system, all higher education institutions must undergo external evaluation once every seven years, and all professional graduate schools must undergo it once every five years.